Saturday, March 22, 2014

Thing 7 Digital Storytelling

Animated Story Project

The script of Pinky & Stripey working on a subtraction problem.







...and now for the video.




Imaged based story project

A short video with facts about Abraham Lincoln and his birthplace in Kentucky.


The Video..


Animated Digital Storytelling vs. Image Based Digital Story Projects

Teacher created

1.  Explaining the steps of a math problem
2.  Introducing a historical figure
3.  Using the puppets to explain a social situation (conflict resolution)

Student created

1.  Animating a personal narrative with dialogue.
2.  Building better sentences; using photos to add adjectives to a sentence 


I think my students would be able to make any of the projects I listed under the teacher created ideas.  If given a choice, I think younger students would be more interested in using the puppet apps.  My son (also a 2nd grader) loves to use Toontastic.   He couldn't wait to try Sock Puppets.  I think older students would enjoy using the Sock Puppets app, but I feel their curriculum would easily support the image based apps.  They would also be able to search more effectively for photos that are appropriate and acceptable to use.   I think teaching fiction would be easier with the sock puppets and nonfiction would suit the image based apps.

No comments:

Post a Comment