Sunday, March 16, 2014

Thing 5 - Presentations


Keynote was relatively easy to learn. Having used power point, there were things I knew I should be able to do with the presentation, I just had to figure out where the "tool" was located within Keynote. I found some language was different and that's why I wasn't sure if I was choosing the tool I wanted.  For my students, I would want  to make sure that all photos needed for this presentation were well organized and edited before beginning the presentation.  When choosing actions, I would limit there choices at first in order to keep them focused on the material being presented and not get lost in all of the "bells and whistles" of twirling pictures, moving words and page transitions.
As in my presentation, I used Keynote to introduce a poem to my class.  It's very easy to memorize a poem with rhythm, however often times children do not understand the meaning of the poem.  By putting it into a presentation with photos, it can make the meaning of the poem more real to the children.  Another use of a presentation app would be to use it to display a class book. Students could reenact a story. Still photos could be taken of the reenactment and then added to the presentation along with the students writing of the story retell. Students could also present on the characters, plot, setting, etc. of a particular story.  Another idea would be to create a presentation for Open House (back to school).  Using a visual presentation for both parents and students will help them remember school and class rules and procedures.  Each year's class could make a presentation for the next year's incoming second graders.  I would include links to presentations on our school web page.

In relation to the SAMR model, my presentation takes a poem from simply hearing it to actually seeing it and then to understanding it.  By adding the visual aspect, this would be Augmentation, but by using the visual to construct meaning, I think this presentation would be Modification.  If students were interpreting the poem and creating their own presentation, then this project would become Redefinition.




https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByzFkNyg9JW0NFhVLXF0cnBiTFE/edit?usp=sharing







No comments:

Post a Comment