Sunday, March 9, 2014

Thing 3 - Staying Informed

Thing 3 - Staying informed
USA Today
1. Choose an article from the news.  Have students answer the questions, Who, What, When, Where, Why & How from the article. 
Students could use Toontastic app to make an animated retell from the article.

2. Chart the weather highs and lows for a week.  Use the numbers for story problems or graphing.  Students could compare numbers from a newspaper app and other weather apps. 

3.  Search for articles that promote recycling.  Make comparisons to the recycling program in your school.  Make commercials to promote recycling. 




Flipboard

http://flip.it/n5VIX

When I first looked at the Flipboard, it was such a slick looking magazine that I thought it was going to be quite difficult to use.  It was very user friendly and looks so professional.  I think this is a great way to pull some articles together on one topic to provide information for parents, students and colleagues.  I will be adding the link to my school webpage as an additional resource for my students and their families.

I have not had any feedback on this at this time, however, I have looked at others' and they are all awesome.  Engaging, fun to look at and very informative!

No comments:

Post a Comment