Friday, April 4, 2014

Thing 12 Learning Management

EDMODO vs. SCHOOLOGY

Once again, I thought this particular project would be best suited for older students.  However, I did come up with some assignments for my students.  I think my students would be interested in using a learning management system, but I know not all would have access to a computer or internet at home.  I would need to ensure that all of my students had equal access.   




Since I don't currently use an LMS, both apps were new to me.  It was much easier to get going on Edmodo, but I do feel that posting was easier on Schoology.  I think my second graders would enjoy the option of posting on an assignment from home.  During some recent class discussions, they have expressed a lot of interest.

Some of the best classroom discussions happen before school even starts.  Students returning from a vacation or weekend have such an excitement to share with one another, especially without the teacher listening in to the conversation.  I could see the conversations deepening, to a more meaningful conversation without the teacher intrusion.  Students that didn't take part in an online discussion would be eager to hear what was discussed online.  I do think using an LMS would be beneficial to learning, both inside and outside the classroom.



No comments:

Post a Comment