Friday, April 4, 2014

Thing 10 Collaboration

Collaboration with Google Drive

       


Collaboration on Spring Break

I think that I would use collaboration mostly with my colleagues, however, I could see how this would be very useful with middle or high school students that are working on a group project.  For this project, I started a conversation with some of my colleagues about their spring break plans.  It was fun to see the pictures from my friends.  This got me thinking about how I would use this with my 2nd graders.

I thought about posting a picture and having my students name nouns in the picture and add adjectives to go with their nouns.  Then, I thought about having them post their own photos with nouns/adjectives.  I wanted to do this with my class, but in order to use google drive, you need a gmail account.  I'm not sure how parents would feel about an email account for a 7 year old.  I'm also not sure how I would arrange for signing everyone up with gmail (parent permission form, etc.).

Since I wasn't able to actually do this assignment, I'm not sure how I could make it better.  I do know that not all of my students have access to the internet when they are not at school.  I would need to plan enough time for the assignment to allow for students to get to the internet to access it.  Maybe I could offer some time slots after school for a student/family to come in to use the school lab.

1.  Identifying nouns/adjectives with photos
2.  A group of students writing a script would be able to post conversations back and forth.
3.  Create an add-on story. Have a story starter then, each student adds to the story.  It creates an interesting story.  This could be done as a class with another class (across town, or the world).

No comments:

Post a Comment